To say that last summer was crazy would be an understatement. Within a matter of three months I finished Brobarians and we sold our house. By the end of the summer, we were in tow with a baby and dog and no place to live (our house sold much faster than we anticipated). Thankfully our parents were willing to take us in until we could close on a new house (we bid and lost out on FOUR houses until we found our current house, which was totally worth the wait, but still it was crazy!) Here’s a look at some of the photos I took while making Brobarians last summer:
The beginning of making a picture book. Lots of staring at a wall filled with drawings.
This was the first color sample I did for Brobarians.
The tiniest Brobarian you’ve ever seen!
Making a Brobarian in cut paper (back + front!)
Illustrating my own dog Sally into the book.
Seen here with her own Brobarian.
Adding in the rain.
In order to make the Map of Brobaria endpapers look like it was actually drawn by a kid, I drew it left-handed. It was much harder than I thought it would be.
The red squares = complete. This is how I kept track of which spreads I had finished as I typically don’t work chronologically.
The aftermath of a picture book. I’m usually finding bits of paper from a book months after I’ve finished it. The paper gets EVERYWHERE!
Not to worry, even thought I finished the book, I still have my own little Brobarian who keeps me on my toes.
Until next time,